Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This is one of those nights where I can't sleep, despite having exhausted myself thoroughly the night before.

This can mean one of three things:
a. I'm going to go down with some wierd disease, again,
b. I'm slowly building up my immune system again, and it's causing me to stay up later, or
c. I have extremely poor time management skills and/or discipline.

I'm putting my money on c.

On the bright side, I've been able to appreciate my new, albeit temporary, home a bit more. All things considered, I actually got an excellent deal. My humble (oh, alright, not-so-humble) cottage is nicely located close to the parking lot, and close to the access point into the university. Sure, it takes a bit longer to get anywhere, but the views at night are something I won't get in Studville. Due to all cottages only being one story in height, you get to see so much more...with less light, obviously.

Tonight, the moon is an almost glaring disc suspended between the horizon and that point you'd assume was the middle of the sky. Oh, it's lovely. Such a pity that my camera cannot possibly capture all the nuances that this night has brought. There are wispy clouds playing across the face of the moon, the ground lit up by the sheer lunar radiance. It's a night you'd expect to find strange people clad in black jumping from roof to roof, or lovers and friends lying down on the grass to gaze up at the sky.

Also, it's making me rather hungry for some reason. Hm.

But it's a wonderful night.

On the other news, the other guys in the cottage have decided to make some fun by doing scientific experiments around the complex. Mainly blowing up plastic bottles with vinegar and baking soda. Don't ask me why they did it...it's strange enough to hear about two scientists and an engineer placing these rather volatile explosions in a housing complex. The first explosion I assumed was someone's car backfiring. When the second one blew, they looked quite shocked (having been told off by the duty RA for the first one). And there's also a third one, which may be a dud but could also just have delayed action...hahahahahahaha. There's fun to be had as a science major, in this case. Guess you do get a little stir crazy being in a lab all day...

[End Transmission]

No comments: