Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This heart, my thread, I tried so hard.
The best that I could sew was death,
no matter how I covered it with deeds.
What's there left to do?
Because the mud only covers up the stains…
who could imagine a holiday at the sea?
Down there, in the sea,
I should hold my breath
'til this other person's blood is washing off of me.

~ A Holiday At The Sea - Anathallo

I somehow managed to have this song tucked away in a rarely-opened folder. So it was a surprise when I found and put it on.

Regardless of what the lyrics actually mean (sounds a tad religious, come to think of it), it's an awesome song. The musical arrangement is somewhat reminiscent of Sufjan Stevens mixed with a bit of Hey Mercedes...strange at first, but gets better with every replay.

So yes, I'm pretty happy.

[End Transmission]

No comments: