Sunday, May 6, 2007

Another Sleepless Night

Well, here I am again. Back at the old table but the side of the mezz, doing an essay due the next day. And as per usual, there are the familiar faces also stuck behind glowing laptop screens.

After a talk with my Dad, I decided to do what he's been doing; meditating. Sit, close my eyes, breathe normally, relax, then count from 100 to 0 backwards. Achieving that, I am to relax completely and say what I want to accomplish. The idea being that now I'm relaxed and have all the random thoughts in my mind pushed out, I'll do my work. I gotta say, it's kinda working. Not in a "use-the-Force-Luke" kind of moment where it all becomes clear, but little by little. As you can see here, I probably messed up somewhere inbetween. That's why I'm wasting precious minutes writing a blog. Meh.

Thing is, I'm not that scared tonight. Unlike last Thursday, which was Hell on Earth personified in the guise of Lucy's essay. I'm not sure why, but this time I feel a bit more confident. Okay, maybe a bit overconfident, considering I've only started three hours ago.

But essay writing in uni sure is different from what I've been doing in highschool...which was two years ago. Well, I know I should've seen it coming miles away. This time around, I won't be able to bullshit my way through a paper with nary a reference. Oh, no. This time, I have to bullshit my way through the paper...APA style. Oooh, yeah. This'll take some getting used to, but I'm pretty sure I can. Heck yeah.

Oh, another kendo grading coming up soon. This is the one that'll tell me whether or not I'm worthy of wearing the l33t armor and hakama which seperates those with commitment and those without. The bad news: it's on Saturday. The Saturday before the Monday with two essays due. Kurappu. But if I play my cards right this time around, I should get through. Just get through, mind you. I'm not that confident that I'll think I can breeze through that.

Hmm...what else to say. I've got my sights set on someone else (my RA's too busy these days...drat). I'll have to say hi sooner or later. So here's looking for sooner.

Oh well. Essays don't write themselves, and I've got the rest of the night to reflect (and probably regret) why I didn't do it sooner. Hindsight always comes 20/20, eh.

p.s. I think Nda's on here as well...very nice.

[End Transmission]

3 comments:

 Putra said...

i should try that meditation thing that you did.

sounds a lot like jedi meditation technique. is your dad obi wan kenobi?

*yasmin said...

man,

you never change.

freaking out about essays, seems just like the days of English SACs.. hehehe.

P.S. I might get a job next semester so I can save up some money to come see you. how cool would that be??

Aurelia said...

i hate you. you're not coming home this summer.