Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ramadan!

Whoa.

In about 3 days the month of Ramadan is about to start. And this year will be a milestone for yours truly; it will mark the first time I'll be fasting for a month straight (hopefully) alone and in a foreign land. This means things will be different here. Very different. For one, nobody's going to wake me up at 4 AM to eat sahur (pre-fast meal). Second, I'm going to have prepare my own sahur. Third, I have to wake up early enough to prepare and eat my sahur. Fourth, I'm going to have to make my own fast breaking meals (breakfast?). Fifth, there will be no external indicators of when I can break my fast (e.g. the mosque loudspeakers or television broadcasts back home), so I'll have to be twice as alert.

So, yea. It'll definitely be a lot more different. But I'm looking forward to it. It'll be something to write about. Especially after I start realizing that staying up till 2 AM is not the best choice when I have to wake up at 4 to eat. Heheh. And maybe having to do this all on my own will enlighten me a bit more. Maybe. Nonetheless, it'll be new and (perhaps) exciting. Yay for me.

Righty-o. Other than that, I'm now a 5th kyu kendoka, and I only have one more essay to do for this semester. Oh, and I found a new halal deli in town. Sweet. That'll probably help for my sahurs. Yosh!

[end transmission]

3 comments:

Ogam said...

sarapan kan dinamain 'breakfast' soalnya kita pas tidur gak makan/minum, jadi dianggap fasting, makanya namanya break fast
hehehe

 Putra said...

interesting facts, gam.

and no, i wasn't being sarcastic.

numpang lewat ya mar.. pa kabar lo?

Unknown said...

Don't forget that you also have to wash up after sahur yourself too, heheh...

But don't worry about the time to buka puasa, because you're tummy will alert you all the time, neh?