Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cherry Blossoms and Abdominal Pains

This has to be a first time that I get to see cherry blossoms in a long time. This has also got to be the first time I experience inexplicable abdominal pain.

No, I haven't been drinking the detergent. And no, it's not a period.

For some reason, I woke up at two this morning with the center of stomach feeling like pins and needles. I figured it was some really bad indigestion going on, so I downed two bottles of Norit (yay, charcoal!) and tried go back to bed. By three, it got a bit worse, and it definitely wasn't the gas. The best I could do was huddle and clutch my stomach, hoping it would get better. It didn't. So I figured I might as well eat the pre-fast meal of the day. Which turned out to be quite a mistake, seeing as my stomach was disagreeing with my downing two kiwifruits and a piece of bread. So I downed another bottle and hoped it would pass. Not the brightest idea, I know. Anyway, I was able to somewhat sleep in, and had to miss two morning tutorials as it got a little uncontrollable. By eleven, it subsided enough to allow for proper movement. Feh. I probably should've broken my fast by then. Go figure.

Anyway, no doctors on campus until Monday, which leaves me only with the option of going into the town clinic...which is fcking expensive. Option 1: ignore and ride the pain. Option 2: give in and pay the bill to figure out what exactly is eating me from within (wow, so emo).

The upside was that I finally noticed that we have cherry blossoms on campus. And they're in bloom! If it weren't Ramadan (and drinking on campus were allowed), I'd have asked some of the guys from kendo to have a little cherry blossom viewing event. The kind with drinking hot sake and singing off key. Yes. And staging mini-pseudo-kabuki plays! Damn.

I'll post some pictures of the cherry blossoms as soon as I get some replacement batteries for the camera...curses...

[end transmission]

2 comments:

Teez said...

Hope you're getting better!

If charcoal doesn't help, I doubt fasting would...

Perhaps hot sake would do the trick :)

And, btw, if your parents are reading this (seeing as I found out your blog from them), I'm just kidding.

Love to read your blog stories!

-Tiza-

*yasmin said...

"No, I haven't been drinking the detergent. And no, it's not a period."

Hahaha!

This is why I love you.

*hugs*