Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ni-Ju

Ah.

I have drifted through four more seasons, a new mark on my lengthly stay in this plane of existence.

I must say, it doesn't feel any more different than last year. I'm pretty much still the same person, still making stupid mistakes, still doing things wrong. But I do think I managed to do a few things right in the span of all this time, little bits and pieces of time and space that I knew were worth the effort I put into it.

I guess my previous age set me up quite nicely for this one. I've made so many more choices, mistakes, and personal triumphs than I ever had. It also marks the first time I'll be "celebrating" beyond the reach of my family. Almost. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's something I may have to get used to as I grow older and older as the earth completes more cycles around the sun.

Anyway, it's strange that I feel strangely calm about it; last year was a rather...angsty birthday. Struck with the realization that I was stuck in neutral gear and aging to boot, I kept lamenting the fact that my youth is nearing its end. But now...well, now my world seems to present so many more possibilities and opportunities. I can scarcely wait for my next year to end to gauge the extent of improvement in my kendo. Perhaps I'll be competing then, though probably getting pwned by everyone else for a start. It's also another year of university (hopefully), more challenges and fun, new people to meet and work with.

Yea.

It's all good. And I don't even need to celebrate it; it's a celebration in its own way.

Of course, all due thanks to God and parents, who have kept me alive, (somewhat) well, and prepared to face life on my own.

p.s. for those wondering why I haven't posted anything up lately, even with the promised videoclip from the last post, it's because things have been quite all over the place, what with Eid (whoops, should've posted that up too) and exams. Gomen.

[end transmission]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your casually adopted "little sisters" will say, "ooo Omar, you're OLD!!!" heheh... C'est la vie...

Grasswatcher said...

incidentally, every congratulations from my "casually adopted little sisters" did end with "you're old". c'est la vie indeed.