Monday, July 9, 2007

This Is The First Day...Of The Rest Of The Semester (Or: Guess Who Only Slept Four Hours This Morning)

Oh, my adoring _____. I _____ here before you ____ with my heart filled with ______. Alas, because of ______ I have found myself quite unable to write about my _______. Ah, yes. I realized the _______ of my words, for there is no assuaging your imminent _______. Therefore, I suggest that you kindly put your _____ up my ______.

Okay. Now that I'm done being an arse, I might as well start seriously.

The past two weeks have been...chaotic to say the least. A two week break after a semester of constant fretting and ulcers in addition to the re-introduction of my family to my life threw me back to stage one. Well, to be fair (and to make sure that my funding will not be subject to 'extreme budgeting'), it also had to do with a great deal of other things. New flatmates, new semester, new kendo rank...honest, Injun. Those two weeks have, in my mind, become an amalgamated mess transcending the laws of time and space. Not to mention my somewhat spotty memory. Some things have mixed with one another, others have been conveniently stored for belated embarrassment. But it has been a most memorable semester break, and I'm sure I remember the things that matter the most (which is a convenient way for me to say that I forgot most of it, but hey).

Thus, some of the subsequent posts will probably be frequently crossing the thin red line between nostalgia and fantasy. Or maybe not.

Hm. So much for wit there.

Anyway, the purpose of this post was to just to ensure anybody who's been reading this doesn't think I'm:
a) Dead
b) Lazy (but you're probably right)
c) Dead and lazy.

Agh.

Yet another lukewarm and half-hearted attempt for any real humor or intelligence. Never mind. I'll post back when inspiration strikes-

.

..

...

[Transmission Interrupted]

[Try Again Later]

No comments: